Rituals

An American Indian said that rituals are important part of our life to walk on the earth gently. Through the rituals, we are opening up ourselves so that we can heal more effectively and easily.

Spiritual part of ourselves is not visible and being aware of spirit is not easy thing in the physical world. Rituals help connect Physical being to other aspects of us which are; mind, emotion, and spirit and it assist all four aspects to unite as one.

Today, I did a little ritual by burning my old journal to celebrate my new start. Important notes that I made in the journal remains in my heart forever and all the mistakes, worries, and concerns are gone into the air.

In the American Indian culture, wisdom is passed from generation to generation verbally. Telling stories from adult to children, elder to adult and people to people. One of important facts of passing wisdom verbally is that story can be changed depends on listener's personality or ability but main message remains, so that anyone can share the wisdom. The other important point is that the methods of powerful rituals can only be passing onto certain people like medicine men(Healers) or shamans. They deliberately avoid writing because it prevents from harmful use of those powerful rituals by people with wrong ideas.

My old journal is not a text book for rituals so it would never be used for any perpose anyway, but it helped me to reflect and clear my thoughts through difficult times and so does this blog. Reading back those journals helped me to know how much I've achieved from the old time but some of them flashed back old emotions or memories which was not always necessary to go through again. As long as I learnt and remember important things by heart like American Indians have been doing for thousands of years, I wouldn't need to keep old journals, so say goodbye to old one.

Writing journals is one of my rituals now. English is not my first language so writing is very helpful and helps for my speaking too. I don't know how exactly I can express my thoughts in English so I'm always afraid of being misunderstood or misunderstanding people. In addition, the blog is kind of one way communication, I would never know how people think, so that's the down side.

But anyway, this is one of the methods connecting to the outside world(making me feel that way) and it cheers me up very much since I can't travel around or seeing people often at this moment.

Let's have some small rituals in you everyday life, and maintain your wholeness of yourself!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ture self

Worthiness

Train journey