From the local news paper in my home town in Japan. In early spring, there is a road opening through the snow walls. I've never been to the road, but it must been fascinating.
When we were school kids, teachers made us recite some famous poems. One of those poems which still remain in my mind is " Ame ni mo makezu " by Kenji Miyazawa. I remember the poem especially when winter winds blow against me. I wish there is no lost in English translation as it is very simple and yet dynamic and powerful. I like this philosophical poem that I want to follow and I don't want to forget. There are several versions of translation for this poem, but I think the "Stand up to the rain" is more like the original. 「雨にもまけず」 宮沢賢治 雨にもまけず 風にもまけず 雪にも夏の暑さにもまけぬ 丈夫なからだをもち 慾はなく 決して瞋らず いつもしずかにわらっている 一日に玄米四合と 味噌と少しの野菜をたべ あらゆることを じぶんをかんじょうに入れずに よくみききし わかり そして わすれず 野原の松の林の蔭の 小さな萱ぶきの小屋にいて 東に病氣のこどもあれば 行って看病してやり 西につかれた母あれば 行ってその稻の束を負い 南に死にそうな人あれば 行って こわがらなくてもいいといい 北にけんかや そしょうがあれば つまらないから やめろといい ひでりのときは なみだをながし さむさのなつは おろおろ あるき みんなに でくのぼうとよばれ ほめられもせず くにもされず そういうものに わたしはなりたい
You can't tell who they really are from how they look or what they do, can you? People tend to judge others by their look and attitude. It's because really easy to see by eyes or hear. It's so visible and obvious. Attitude or saying in words could reflect what people think, but how many people are really doing how they want to do or what they think they wish to do. I am interested in how people really think. What would happen if all human-beings started to act honestly for themselves. Maybe it is the different from animal and human. Human have a capacity to lie themselves or hide true thoughts and act for other's benefit. Thinking that other's benefit is your gain, which, in other word, is LOVE. Maybe that the start of the development of community. Keeping harmony is the priority within the community. In American Indian culture, they don't have any law, in fact, it is not necessary. Having a strong tie in the community, it is fearful for individuals to lose t...
From this week, I started to travel to the massage course by train. It takes 45 minuets and about an hour from door to door. I found it very relaxing compare to driving up the mountain via high way. I have a lot of time for reading, sleeping, looking at the mountains and bush, and meditating which I couldn't have done in the car. I always feel an interesting thing about train journey. The time and space in the train is somehow different from that of outside of train, as if I am traveling time much faster than the outside world and I become an observer who is looking through the world. The windows seem to be a multi screen displaying people who are going to school and work, or endless scenery of the magnificent nature. In return, I like to see the moving trains from outside especially at night. At the windows, I see people who may be going back to home, each individual is doing different things; looking out of windows, chatting with friends, talking on the mobile or sleeping peacefu...
Comments
Post a Comment